ABQ Sunport and Local Artist Leah Leyva Participating in Nation-Wide Livestream Music Festival
For one night only, more than a dozen airports across North America will come together for the JetStream Music Festival, an online celebration of local music. Hosted by Austin-Bergstrom International Airport from the “Live Music Capital of the World” in Austin, Texas, the free, multi-hour livestream will take place at 4 pm MST on May 6 on participating airports’ Facebook Live. Each airport will feature a musician local to their city in support of the creative community during the COVID-19 crisis.
Participating airports include:
- Austin-Bergstrom International Airport (AUS) – host
- Albuquerque International Sunport (ABQ)
- Asheville Regional Airport (AVL)
- Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport (CVG)
- Dallas Love Field Airport (DAL)
- Evansville Regional Airport (EVV)
- Fort Lauderdale Hollywood International Airport (FLL)
- Fresno Yosemite International Airport (FAT)
- Jacksonville International Airport (JAX)
- John Glenn Columbus International Airport (CMH)
- John Wayne Airport (SNA)
- Lehigh Valley International Airport (ABE)
- Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport (MSY)
- Milwaukee Mitchell International Airport (MKE)
- Minneapolis-Saint Paul International Airport (MSP)
- Philadelphia International Airport (PHL)
- Pittsburgh International Airport (PIT)
- Portland International Airport (PDX)
- San Diego International Airport (SAN)
- Savannah/Hilton Head International Airport (SAV)
- Seattle-Tacoma International Airport (SEA)
- Toronto Pearson International Airport (YYZ)
- Yeager Airport (CRW)
“For so many airports across North America, live music entertainment in the terminal has become a fun way to delight and engage passengers,” said ACI-NA President and CEO Kevin M. Burke. “Despite the sudden and significant drop in passenger traffic at North America’s airports because of the coronavirus health pandemic, this effort by Austin-Bergstrom International Airport and many other North American airports provides a unique opportunity to connect with their passengers. We look forward to hearing these musicians again in airport terminals soon.”
The lineup features a diverse range of acts, representing each city’s unique music culture. The full lineup for the Festival will be released later this week. Austin’s Latin pop songstress, Gina Chavez, will perform and host the event.
Festival viewers will be able to tip musicians throughout the performance and learn about organizations assisting the communities in each city. Viewers can also join in the celebration using the hashtag #JetStreamFest.
“Our Sunport Serenades program has been a favorite of travelers and employees for more than two decades, and is a great way we are able to showcase local artists,” said Nyika Allen, Director of Aviation for the City of Albuquerque. “We may not be able to physically bring people together during this time, but participating in the JetStream Festival provides an opportunity to come together with our airport families and support our local communities. We are extremely grateful to everyone at AUS who have made this event possible.”
Beyond the music, viewers will hear from leadership at many of the airports. Airports across North America remain open for essential travel and vital cargo. Employees in these facilities are working around the clock on enhanced cleaning operations, continued airport maintenance and operations, security, and more. Airports are a critical component to the supply chain – including for medical supplies – and continue to provide services for those who must travel.
The livestream will be brought to you by Streak Systems, a tech concierge focused on creating and maintaining technology systems in your home, work and live events.